Humor in Science and Theology

Per cubic foot!!?

I dunno … with the typical plastic spacers used to make seven small chocolates [seem to] take nearly a third of a cubic foot, I bet they could make $9.98 worth of those things take up a cubic foot of space!

Think of it as the chocolate company benevolently having your better interests in mind. The package is mostly full of low-calorie air, and meanwhile you get the exercise of collapsing all the cardboard and carting it to recycling, and stuffing all the non-recyclable plastic dividers into your trash. And your $9.98 went toward stimulating the economy and employing people. win-win-win. (except for the environment, maybe - but sacrifices must be made, right?)

2 Likes

*Contents may settle in transit.

3 Likes

11 Likes

For those (I’m assuming everyone) who saw the viral cat-lawyer video, here is the truth:

11 Likes

4 Likes

Boo!

1 Like

Three men – Werner Heisenberg, Kurt Godel, and Noam Chomsky – walk into a bar and order a drink.
Heisenberg says, “Well there’s three of us and we’re ordering drinks so we must be inside a joke. I just can’t tell if it’s funny or not.”
Godel replies, “Even if it’s funny, the three of us won’t be able to prove it.”
Chomski says, “What are you talking about? Of course it’s funny. You’re just telling it wrong!”

7 Likes

4 Likes

And today’s winer is … :wink:

1 Like

~ Curls up in the feeble position ~

:joy:

2 Likes

That reminds me of spoonerisms:

6 Likes

My favorite attributed to him was, “Madam, I believe that pew is taken – may I sew you to another sheet?”

3 Likes

We love Spoonerisms in our family! My dad started it by calling peanut butter, “neaput butter.” I ask my kids to take their plates to the “wishdasher,” and tell them that their bleeding scrape after a fall “makes my wees kneak.” We try to work them into other areas of conversation, too…like reading the announcements on the front screen at church aloud before the service. It makes things lighthearted. Thanks for bringing this up, @Dale.

2 Likes

It’s good to know we’re not alone. I remember a carload of people being mildly amused as we passed a Food Mart, and I turned that one into a Spoonerism.

I really enjoyed the “riding the well-boiled icicle”. Thanks for that!

2 Likes

I occasionally cook snakes on the grill. Chicken fried snake is a common menu item in these parts.

1 Like

On a similar note…

2 Likes

I used to get excited every time PBS aired the Victor Borge videos… he’s hilarious!

1 Like

You would also like playing with Oofengloofish, especially with children. It’s a ‘secret’ language like pig Latin, but more fun, I think. It’s simple in concept, and easier to hear than speak, at first. You just put an ‘oof’ before every vowel sound. So ‘English’ is, guess what, ‘Oofengloofish’. My older boy when he was little figured out pretty fast what ‘ooficecroofeam’ was. :slightly_smiling_face:

And after some practice, you can play with Ippenglippish and Oppengloppish, Immenglimmish and … :slightly_smiling_face:

Has anyone else run across it in their travels, maybe @Christy? My wife learned it in college in the 60s, along with some other stuff. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Do you buy them de-fanged?

1 Like

This is more of a theological joke. Loosely. It made me laugh when I read it.

George RR Martin is waiting for his editor, Jesus Christ, to comb one last time through “ Winds of Winter”.

3 Likes