How was this world created?

There is some evidence that some of the elements on the earth actually required a collision of neutron stars to produce.

2 Likes

Believe the Word of God not what Humans teach.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the DEEP. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the WATERS.

Before God created anything at all, according to Scriptures WATERS was already here, even as i said it was.

Do you mean read the book for ourselves and come to our own conclusions?

Or do you mean let you tell us what it says like what so many many other people want us to do with them?

3 Likes

What i teach is to believe the Word of God and what it plainly teaches. NO Interpretations needed. Scriptures interpret Scriptures. When humans try to interpret Scriptures, that is when False Doctrines are born.

interpretations belong to God, NOT to humans.

Gen_40:8 And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you.

God reveals to whom God reveals His secrets:

Amo 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Those who go about trying to interpret the Word of God via their own intellect, will most certainly be led astray, because they are seeking the Truths of God some other way, by some other gate.

Yep that is exactly what people say when they mean for you to let them tell you what it says… they tell you to read the book only understanding in the way they approve.

You are a member of a large faceless crowd, which is not very interesting.

By all means tell us what you understand from the Bible and we will judge for ourselves if it makes any sense whatsoever.

Pure nonsense. This makes no sense whatsoever.

This is what people say when they are using religion as a tool for power and manipulation. They do not make the world a better place. I have no interest whatsoever in false prophets like this.

Incorrect. It does not say there is anything there before creating heaven and the earth. But afterwards it says the earth was without form and void.

And then it speaks of the “hamayim” and what that word means in a time when they had no words for so many thing in the universe is hard to say. No word for gas, or liquid, or fluid for example. To claim they meant something other than these is simply incoherent when they hadn’t made any such distinction. Just because your interpretation is simple minded and irrational doesn’t make it any less of an interpretation – quite the contrary…

So you believe one part of the Verse but NOT the whole verse? Really?

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Tell me, can you explain to me that LAST part of that Verse, that The Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. What Waters? Please by all means explain what WATER is being talked about here? Do you see the word “WATERS” in that verse, or only the first part of that verse and not all of it. What then, Do you agree with the first part of that inspired by God Verse, but disagree with the last part of that inspired by God verse. Really? So did God give you the authority to choose what parts of the Bible you agree with and which ones are not suppose to agree with? Who made you this judge to NOT believe the Word of God and what it plainly teaches? Seriously just wandering who did that?

All of Genesis 1:verse 2 is TRUE. The Spirit of God moved upon the FACE OF THE WATERS. If you do not believe that, then you do not believe the Word of God and what it plainly teaches. Because the Word of God plainly and clearly teaches that the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the WATERS, why? Because there was WATER there. hello.

Tell you what i understand of the Bible. LOL that would take me Years to do. Would it not be better if you merely ask me something that you think i don’t know about the Bible, and then i tell you what it means, if i am able to do so?

i have read the entire Bible over 80 times in my life, 3 times before i was 12. And that is what my Mom read to me when i was in her womb. She was called to be a Nun, and she met my dad, she felt so bad about not doing what God called her to do that you dedicated her first born son to the Lord. So she read to me the Word of God while i was yet in her womb.

So how about you ask me about the Bible and see what happens with that. But to explain the Bible to you, OH MY, that would take me a Year.

Yes, people have indeed been here for years explaining what they understand from the Bible.

Moses (traditionally) wrote those verses, so aren’t those the teachings of a human?

It seems that ignoring the humanity of the Bible is to ignore the Bible itself.

4 Likes

Not only written by a man but also written for men to understand, in this case ancient men with ancient ideas and understanding of the universe.

5 Likes

i totally understand what you are saying here. But here is what i am certain of.

i do not know how many times in my life, that i would be writing an article (About Scriptures) and i would say something, that the Holy Spirit of Truth would not let me write. Or if i wrote something down, the Holy Spirit would convict me so hard, that something was wrong in what i wrote, i would pray to God to reveal to me what it was that is wrong, not Godly, and then after some time, i would see it, and fix it, or remove the statement that God did NOT want written down.
i found this happened a lot every time i would ADD my own interpretations into the Article, then He would have me remove it. i have since learned the hard way, to merely write those things God told me, instead of adding my two sense into the article which i would have to remove later anyways.

My point is this. Even though the man Moses wrote Genesis. Moses ONLY wrote what God would allow him to write. Moses wrote what God told Him to write. What He wrote is What GOD wanted him to write, else God would not have allowed him to write it, and put it into what will be known as HIS WORD one day.

i say looking at the Bible in humanity is ignoring the God’s inspiration who wrote it. Making Moses about humanism, would indicate ERROR, his own thoughts, his own motives, his own ideas, his own thinking, his own intellect.

This generation would be better off looking at it like this.

God wrote the Word of God, Moses merely held the pen. That is looking at the Bible in a Spiritual way and not looking at in a human way.

I think we all know his answer!

That’s quite a claim to make for yourself. You consider yourself a prophet.

If i said otherwise, i would be a Liar. And Rev 21:8 plainly teaches ALL LIARS will burn in the lake of fire and brimstone.

One piece of evidence that furthered my confidence in an OEC/EC view is much like the evidence that began to convince people in the late 1600s to early 1700s that the earth was very old (at that point in the “we can’t tell from present evidence, but maybe hundreds of thousands or millions of years” line).

A series of formations with indications of repeated significant changes in sea level is abundantly clear from the marine faunas of the southeastern United States.

The specific points of evidence for repeated changes in sea level are the fact that most of the formations, or subunits of them, have indurated or leached upper sections (or are completely indurated or leached). Induration and leaching both require at minimum a few decades of fresh groundwater percolating through the layer. Thus, we can observe a sequence of layers that require many changes from above sea level to significantly below and back. In addition, each layer must have lasted long enough for large bivalves and corals to grow, and then their shells/skeletons to sit on the ocean floor with other things living on them (at minimum, about a century, given the lifespans of the organisms involved).

The Waccamaw Formation (which is among the shorter-duration ones) alone gives an absolute minimum total depositional time of about a thousand years, given the four separate indurated layers (ignoring sedimentation and erosion rates). This estimate makes some rather unrealistically high assumptions about how densely you could pack the organisms in life, thus the actual time is much longer.

Given the abrupt faunal changes, like Ecphora and Chesapecten disappearing between immediately overlying formations (most sites have significant unconformities, though), there is very little mixing of the formations, and, if the timescale is only a few thousand years, unreasonably rapid faunal turnover (i.e. a typical species goes extinct within 50 generations).

There is also the problem of globally equivalent planktonic microfossil sequences, and globally equivalent stable isotope ratio sequences . Both require a few thousand years, at absolute minimum, to equalize around the globe.

Dave: you do realize how vulnerable that makes you, don’t you?

I too have often wondered where did Moses get the information to write the accounts found in Genesis? The information found in Genesis is so well structured and complete concerning the accounts of creation, Noah and Abraham. Certainly this information could not be passed on through humans from one century to another. So where did Moses get this information?

Look at the following versus, I believe the answer is buried in these verses as to where Moses got the information.

Gen 18:16-19 When the men got up to leave, they looked down toward Sodom, and Abraham walked along with them to see them on their way. 17 Then the LORD said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do? 18 Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him. 19 For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just, so that the LORD will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him."

Notice the Lord said “Shall I hide”, it dawned on me this was written from a first person perspective. I then remembered where the Lord met with Moses.

Exo 33:9-11 As Moses went into the tent, the pillar of cloud would come down and stay at the entrance, while the LORD spoke with Moses. 10 Whenever the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the entrance to the tent, they all stood and worshiped, each at the entrance to their tent. 11 The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent.

I understand now where Moses was able to get the information, because the Lord himself was present at creation, Adam and Eve, Abraham etc. and able to transfer this information to Moses who wrote it down.

I agree on getting details from God, but am inclined to think that oral history can be far more reliable long-term than some people give it credit for: there are native Australian traditions involving giant lizards and giant kangaroos. Varanus priscus (a 25-foot monitor lizard) and Procoptodon (a ten-foot kangaroo) were present in northern Australia when people first arrived, but went extinct about 20-40 kya.

Defining the thickness of the atmosphere is problematic, because it gradually tapers off into space and because it doesn’t stay the same size and shape. You can officially claim to have reached space at about 100 km, but closer to 1000 km or more is when the few molecules and atoms are no longer all that different from interplanetary space. On the other hand, the vast majority of the mass of the atmosphere is down in the troposphere, only the bottom 10 km or so, which would be more comparable to an apple skin. Ancient Near Eastern thought (documented in Egypt and Mesopotamia well before Thales) envisioned water under the earth (as a source of springs and the ocean) and water above the sky (a source of precipitation). Translating that into modern scientific terms is rather debatable. Also, it’s hard to say how much the ancient Hebrews would have thought of the description as scientific rather than poetic. After all, “scientific” is a much more modern concept of how to say something. If one were aiming for concordism, to what extent would the molten early earth be considered waters below? If you try hard enough, you can probably find a way to match almost anything up, but that is a weakness of trying to find science in the Bible- what is merely your creativity rather than actually inherent in the text?

There’s no particular reason to expect the biblical text to be scientific. If we want a scientific description of creation, we can go study astronomy and geology. But we need revelation to understand theology. To the extent that science shows up in the background, it is accurate - the biogeography and geomorphology are that of the ancient Near East, the world functions like it does today, etc.

The days of creation are commemorated not just in the seven-day week but also in the sabbath year and the jubilee of seven sevens of years (literally, a day of forty-nine years). Likewise, the celebration of Passover does not exactly match the length of the original exodus event. Hebrews calls us to enter the ongoing rest of the seventh day. So there does not have to be an exact match of timing between what is commemorated and the commemoration. A seven-day pattern was a common idiom in surrounding cultures for perfect completion, and the grammatical peculiarities relating to the days in Genesis 1 do not sound like ordinary days.

From the texts it would seem you have read incorrectly that sky was called waters:

Genesis 1: 6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.”

Further down the chapter it reads:
14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.
I think the implication of these words are that on the fourth day God created the sun, the moon and the stars and placed them in the vault of the sky, sandwiched between two sets of water, one which is above the stars and one which is here on earth. So just going by these texts one would read that the universe is indeed finite - a scientific statement derived purely from the text as it stands in Genesis 1.