How has 2020 changed you?

At one point most of our youth group was sick… so I think it’s fair to say it touched more than just the five families I personally know about, and there was an older man hospitalized for a while. So just going by what I heard, we may have had 20 percent of our church body sick all at once, and that’s probably a conservative estimate. Fortunately I think most high-risk people have been staying away, but it’s unfortunate for them. We’ve been meeting via Zoom for Sunday School with another family that’s being pretty careful, so that’s been a blessing.

yes…in thinking about the size of your church (from what you said), the numbers seem to represent a higher percentage than what I know about what is happening in my church…and I am not privy to all that goes on…We have three morning services, and masks are worn during two of the services while the third mandates masks out in the common areas but OK to not wear them once seated during worship. And there are those who still watch the service via YouTube…It is hard to keep track of the statistics.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not privy to everything that goes on either, but I do know a lot of people have been sick lately. Right now our state has a mask mandate in place, so while there can be debate about what circumstances are best or most prudent to wear masks, my church is currently disobeying that mandate and the leadership, from what I see, is setting that example of disobedience, and that troubles me as well.

2 Likes

It would be hard to be a COVID denier, but “to each his own.” Information on it changes–and has changed — so dramatically over time (did it really start in Wuhan, China? or was it —? late 2019 or January 2020? and etc.) that it is easy to see why someone would become skeptical to some extent. COVID cases in my state and my county have gone down quite a bit — which would seem to confound the predictions of those who supposed a post-Thanksgiving surge of sort. And if there is an uptick in three weeks, that will be blamed on Christmas gatherings even if Thanksgiving may not seem to have caused much. The “real truth” will be in one of two books published near the end of the 21st century — either called “2020: The Great Hoax of the 21st Century” or “2020: How 300 Million Americans Saved Western Civilization”…cannot wait for the movie!!

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.