Hi, it's Brittany. We went to church today

Thank you for the update, Brittany! I was just getting on to check and see if there was any update from you. I’m glad you had a great experience! I have been praying for you just as I promised.

Do NOT be afraid that your baby will be a distraction. If they are Jesus-loving folks, then they will be glad that you are there in the first place. Your baby is a blessing.

If you want to go, I urge you to go again and again and again and again!

-Joshua W.

P.S. I haven’t forgotten about that defense I promised. I’ve just been incredibly busy for both work and personal reasons. But I haven’t forgotten about you.

1 Like

Hi. My appointment is in the morning tomorrow. But after that I plan on going to their service at 12:30. I think I chose the perfect time and the perfect church to visit. They’re having two services every day all week. Thank you for praying for me. I’m very grateful to have you all encouraging me and making intercession for me.

3 Likes

Welcome, Brittany. I enjoyed the story of your beautiful baby in church. We run into the same thing in our Baptist church, by the way–we tried to have my (at that time 2 year old) daughter sit with us at the evening service. She got wiggly, so my wife took her back to the foyer to play. The next thing we knew, she (always a bubbly girl) was running, full tilt, up the aisle toward the pastor, laughing and giggling, while my wife chased her! It was the highlight of the sermon. An elderly couple told me later that they thought she wasn’t exactly making an altar call! Children do seem to make church services better.

3 Likes

It sounds like you are going through a rough season in your life. We have an online small group of ladies who are mature Jesus followers. It is super convenient as you don’t have to leave your house and the baby is no issue😊. If you would like to join us for a few weeks (meet Wednesday nights) we would love to have you! If you are interested contact me at martyreim52@gmail.com

2 Likes

5 Likes

Reminds me of this XD:

It wouldn’t happy with Darbie! :slightly_smiling_face:

(@Brittany: BabylonBee is Christian satire. ; - )

1 Like

Brittany, just checking in. Ready for church Sunday? Easter is what it’s all about.
God bless you as you stride.

1 Like

Hey. That is the cutest story. Kids do make church services more interesting lol.

2 Likes

That is hilarious. No, it definitely wouldn’t happen with Darbie there. I don’t think she sat still for 1 whole minute during the whole service.

1 Like

Hello. Yes, I am planning on going to church on Sunday. Thank you for checking up on me.

3 Likes

Depends on where the detector is. If it’s one of those ones where you have to be in exactly the right spot to activate it (like one at a meeting that required someone to run up and down the back of the aisle every few minutes), it might require some doing to keep them on.

that was a fun service for those watching via stream!!!

2 Likes

I totally agree with Christy’s feedback about babies. I was raised in the Mennonite brethren tradition before my husband, I, and our four young (all ten and under at the time) children attended an interdenominational hchurch with congregants coming from various backgrounds, the order of service drawing from all denominations, and liturgy tending to lean towards an Anglican flavour. When our kids were in highschool I felt a strong pull to attend an anglican church with some connections to the local Crisis Pregnancy Centre, the board of which I was a member, and it is that anglican church which my husband and I consider our home church and the church we attend as a family on the increasingly rare ocassions that all four kids are at our home having come there from the different continents on which they now live; all this to say, that Iover the years I’ve grown to love the denominational diversity of Christ’s body and have always looked forward to worshipping with those of a dnominational stripe new to me, provided their teaching is Bible based and scripturally rock solid.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.