Hello everyone!

Not true. Random variables usually have a probability distribution according to regulating mechanisms. Quantum physics gives probability distributions as its answers. Quantum physics thus doesn’t tell us what a particular particles is going to do because it is random. But the statistical distribution matches the probability distribution the quantum calculations predicts. My guess is that you are using some definition for the word “random” other than the ones used in math and physics.

@Marvin, thnk you for this definition of how evolution works. Yes, evolution has randomization, which we call Variation where the genes of a new allele are randomized. At times there are also new genes introduced called mutations, but I expect most of the changes are new combinations.

The problem comes with “its ability to achieve a goal,” which is the definition of Natural Selection. If a species is able to survive, then it is selected in, but if not it is selected out and goes extinct This is nice and it is true, but it is a circular statement that does not say anything unless it is falsifiable and can be tested.

What sense does it make to day that my ability to achieve my goal is determined by my successful outcome? Especially when the outcome is surviva?

Random are random. A probability spread like3 the Bell Curve gives us the standard variations. A probability distribution is no a regulating mechanism, which is a device which can selection the probability that it has determined is most helpful.

A teacher gives a test She/he grades on the curve. 5 % fail the test and flunk the class.
The Bell curve is a probabilistic distribution, however hopefully the test scores reflect the ability of the students to understand. the course material, so their scores are not randomly assigned. The question remains, How does Nature select those alleles which will survive and flourish?

@aleo,
Albert, thank you for those kind words. Clearly think that ideas are important, but I try not to evaluate people by their ideas. Not that your ideas are bad by a long shot, just that I so no agree with some of them.

You are right. God did not make Adam and Eve perfect. God made them naive, as God made us at one time. . .

God bless you and deep the faith against those who would make it into an ideology.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.