Has the NIH been communicating good science?

The quote in the report, that the Israeli study didn’t take into account the amount of time since vaccination, is a very valid one. The waning efficacy seems evident in both. I was struck by the rapidity of re infection in 2020 of some of those who had had Covid prior --3 months, easily.

A question I often get is “isn’t Covid infection better than the shot.” The misunderstanding appears to be that adding a shot would take away that immunity. It appears to be clear that a booster is a good idea, whether we’ve had the infection or a vaccine in the past.

I got my booster this past Wednesday. I had the next day as a study day only–did not get ill till that night, and that only lasted a few hours. I had the Moderna. We are looking forward to vaccinating our younger kids (our 13 year old has already had the vaccine). Thanks.

2 Likes

I had my Pfizer booster on Thursday. I felt moderately bad for about 18 hours – bad enough to take both ibuprofen and a nap, but nowhere near as bad as the flu.

5 Likes

Related:

Thoughts?

1 Like

All quite reasonable. None of the vaccines was optimized for efficacy – they were optimized for rapid testing and delivery.

2 Likes

Phil, This Warwick Aiken. Over at the “Let Us Not Lose Heart About Vaccination.” thread, I was about to reply to your question about hydroxychloraquine and then let you know why I included the story on death in children in Britain, but found you had closed the forum. I came to this site because it purports to be a Christian site , and states “this is place for gracious dialogue about science and faith.” I put my opinion out there without any attempt to hide who I am, and did not expect to have my retirement newspaper article become part of the thread. I tried to keep my dialogue pleasant and sincere. I did not appreciate your snide comment about where I get my information, and then shut down further response. I forgive you, especially since it sounds as if you were frustrated, and your gracious dialogue slipped a little. Would you please give me a call or at least an email so we can talk about this?

Thank you for your concern, but I am good. I will private message you.

Sounds like emotional partisanship versus science.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

“Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” -Colossians 4:6

This is a place for gracious dialogue about science and faith. Please read our FAQ/Guidelines before posting.