General Interests

So are you guys currently into something? Do you have any good movie to suggest ?(doesnt need to be a biblical or theological one). Also im planning a trip to mount Olympus on Christmas as it is near my town. I like nature a lot. I hope that youre great. Love you all. God bless.

1 Like

Birdwatching and reading mostly

2 Likes

Good question Nick. I have recently retired, and am most into visiting grandkids, I guess. I was pretty immersed in work, and never developed any major hobbies, but enjoy gardening, travel, photography, and am learning more theology now that I have time to read outside of medicine .

1 Like

Asides from the Bible and Christian theology, I study history, both American and world history, I am also into alternate history (the “what ifs” that could have happened). I also study philosophy and politics and play video games with friends that are either open simulation games or FPS (First Person Shooters). Me and friends also collect bootlegs of games and toys and we do DnD once a while when we can.

My general interests continue to revolve around developing a coherent and systematic model which integrates fundamentalist Christian doctrine and the findings of modern science. This pursuit is motivated by the conviction that God, who is alone the one author of both Scripture and nature, is not characterized by disorder (ἀκαταστασία) but by peace (1 Cor. 14:33)—thus I believe it is possible to harmonize these two without compromising either one. This has been an overriding interest for almost ten years against which no others can successfully compete. It also incorporates two compatible interests, writing and teaching, the former being the most effective means by which I examine and process information. (Who am I teaching? My wife and extended family, mostly—and eventually my son, for whom I am writing a book about this.)

2 Likes