Executive Summary of the Most Convincing Lines of Evidence

I guess you’re right here. YEC isn’t actually falsifiable. God could always have created the universe young with the appearance of age and evidence of events that never took place. (The “omphalos” hypothesis.)

The alternative is, of course, to acknowledge that 2 Peter 3:8 and Psalm 90:4 have something to tell us about the creation narrative.

Which of these two options has more Biblical support?

Any generalization is ultimately demonstrated by the examples (individual species). You have generalized. You have assumed millions of years of diversification, because you are assuming from the outset both the millions of years, and that all marsupials must have come from one or two species? And then you say they have been replaced… even though they are still there. You are not making sense… except maybe in your own mind. Please make your explanation more clear. Or,… on second thought, don’t bother.

This would be true. I don’t have an explanation. As I said, Humphrey’s tried to provide an explanation based on a different understanding of time. I don’t understand it completely, but it follows from the argument that time itself can change at different locations. I am not prepared to argue it.

Your example of random vegetables in a pot is an inadequate explanation. We know that sediment in a large body of water does not settle randomly, and would settle in layers, with larger particles settling first (rocks), then sand, then silt sized particles, and then clay sized particles. In the real world, randomness does not prevail in these situations.

Arguing that creating light in transit would make God deceptive, is a faulty argument. Creating a full grown man is not deceptive, nor is any miracle deceptive, nor is the resurrection deceptive. When we are deceived or surprised by our own selves, or by our own imaginations, or by our preconceptions, that does not make God deceptive. Furthermore, one could make the same argument about scripture, that a Genesis story that was not true, or could not be taken at face value, would make God deceptive.

The fact that creation is ongoing does not mean that it did not have a beginning. The quote from John 5:17 states that God is working, but does not indicate what God is working on, nor how he is working, nor does it limit him from having begun an amazing and somewhat abrupt beginning to creation work. Whether it continues or not.

Amazing, absolutely amazing what can be derived from a single isolated tooth. So much story. So little evidence.

@johnZ

Here … let me help you …

1. Placentals on Australia that we think are 55 million years old, are all gone. We think they became extinct.
    YOU think they died in a flood.

2. Australia’s ecosystem for the last 4000 years has been PACKED with different versions of mammals that are MARSUPIAL!!! (WE think that these marsupials were on Australia when it separated from the rest of the landmasses millions of years ago.)

YOU THINK that the Marsupial survivors of Noah’s ark RACED to Australia ahead of the Placentals…
and then Australia separated from the rest of the land masses almost immediately … to prevent the placental versions of these mammals from colonizing Australia as well!

1. Apparently the Marsupials AVOIDED the rest of the world… except for a few like possums. Because the marsupials in Australia are not found anywhere else.

There is NO FLOOD SCENARIO that can explain these facts.

I don`t like shouting. PLEASE DO NOT SHOUT AT ME! I START SHOUTING BACK EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT WANT TO!!

I don`t need your help. Your help is not helpful. Your three points are based on false dilemmas.

1. Dying in flood equals extinction.

2. I did not say that marsupials raced to Australia. I said they may have arrived there on log rafts. Perhaps even slowly.

3, The fact that possums are found elsewhere rather destroys the marsupial argument. The fact that Australian marsupials are not found elsewhere is not surprising. Apparently 70% of marsupials are found on Australia, and the rest found elsewhere.

@johnZ

When i am shouting, John, I make THE WHOLE sentence upper case. It’s tough enough trying to put emphasis on the intended part of the sentence… don’t try to pass laws on what little flexibility we have when typing complex ideas… Okay?

@johnZ

No John, it doesn’t.

Because what it would mean in an EVOLUTION scenario is:

1. You are right … Dying in the flood doesn’t equal extinction. But NONE of the placental mammals that once lived in Australia (we think more than 50 million years ago) survived ANYWHERE ELSE. So… they MUST have become extinct during the flood. You think they survived the flood, got on the raft with the other marsupials and then COMMITTED SUICIDE ?

2. So why would Marsupials get on a raft … but no placentals? That doesn’t make any sense… unless you are writing a fairy tale.

3. marsupial possums became such an efficient species, they survived all the competition the placental mammals threw at them.

John. I tried to evangelize an ex Catholic this evening. It did not go well. Please continue to trust in the underlying meaning of the Bible, even if the surface meaning gets murkey. Remember that the main things are the plain things and the plain things are the main things.

I’m happy that you acknowledge the problem of distant starlight for the YEC perspective. Why can’t it “disprove the YEC position”? Isn’t it important for a scientific model to have at least a “possible” explanation to solve such a glaringly obvious problem? If you assert the heavenly bodies were created on the 4th solar day, that doesn’t leave much flexibility.

The white-hole cosmology of Humphreys does not work observationally because it would result in a universal blueshift of light if clocks would be running faster in the rest of the universe. Instead, we are seeing universal redshift of light (because of the cosmological expansion).

Even YECs like Jason Lisle have acknowledged that problem and are trying to construct different solutions. One solution put forward by Jason Lisle is the Anisotropic Synchrony Convention. If you’re interested, check out my recent blog series focused on his proposal here on BioLogos.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.