Evolutionary Creationists should distance themselves more clearly from deism

Can we get the Evangelicals to throw us a Christmas Party?

Yes. This year, it’s a little late, and they’re calling it the Inaugural Ball.

2 Likes

Of course, being evangelical, it will be pot-luck. Or for the more fundamentalist among us, a pot-blessing dinner, since there is really no such thing as luck. And no dancing either. And especially no drinking.

7 Likes

So if the Lutherans bring a keg… will we be turned back at the door?

2 Likes

Maybe, but you can come over to the Reformed party so long as it’s craft brew!

2 Likes

You have yourself a deal!

1 Like

Hi Eddie,

I appreciate the enthusiasm of your rehearsal. However, I regret to inform you that the three members of our investment firm, Tetragrammaton Kingdom, unanimously decided to pull the plug on the production. (Come to think of it, the three-person decisions are always unanimous. How odd.) They have decided instead to pour all their resources into a Godspell revival. Fortunately, they have declared that anyone who is willing to follow the director’s instructions, and to identify as a member of the cast, can play a satisfying role.

I’m sure you will do well as a member of the cast. As for myself, I’ll be happy to have some simple role. Maybe I can be an understudy to a common fisherman.

Advent blessings,

1 Like

[quote=“Eddie, post:381, topic:18370”]
Apparently you didn’t notice the word “academic.” Virtually every venue you listed is wholly popular, or only semi-academic (i.e., is a much a faith-oriented Christian evangelical venue as a scholarly one).[/quote]
Given the contempt you have for Dr. Giberson based on this principle, one can only imagine the contempt you must have for the intelligentsia of the ID movement, who only publish books aimed at laypeople!

Well, I’d think most professors at most universities would laugh out loud at the thought of your proposal for a debate about ID, with judges, no less!

I am not sure you understand that the academic world of biology is very empirical.

[quote]… And he ducked all criticism; unlike Dennis Venema and Peter Enns, he would not reply to comments on his columns. That is not intellectually admirable.
[/quote]You mean like Axe and Meyer and the DI N&V pages?

2 Likes

BOOM!.. @benkirk, you can drop the microphone and walk away !

This is clearly your best quote for all of 2016! Nicely done… and I don’t think he felt any pain. It was all over too quickly…

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.