Does the Resurrection Contradict Science?

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://biologos.org/blogs/archive/does-resurrection-contradict-science

Arthur Clarke’s Third law: “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”

Nope! Science just doesn’t know it yet! Since science has no “tools” to “see” the “unseen” spirit domain (Kingdom of Heaven) then it can’t make a judgement on it possibilities.

Perhaps, once a human “observer” can start quantum particle cascades that result in “life giving” to inanimate matter, maybe. But as I read John 3:1-21, not gonna happen without Holy Spirit!

Ray

Yes. That’s why we call it a miracle as opposed to a parlor trick!

1 Like

The whole point of a miracle is that it breaks the laws of nature. We cannot expect a miracle to be in line with science, and that’s not a problem. I’m with you so far.

There’s nothing in this article that removes the idea that God doesn’t perform miraculous deeds.

While at the same time, the terminology “contradicts” is rather troublesome.

Is one attempting to ask does God making a miracle mean science is wrong? Obviously not.

One is a default setting… and one is something special that a deity is expected to be able to accomplish.

I don’t think “disprove” is the right kind of word for use in this situation…

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.