Does the concept of the Rapture lead Evangelical Christians against preserving Creation?

You too would enjoy the book “Unraptured”

2 Likes

The PCA has amillenial as the default position (no official one, though), so I haven’t heard very much of the other views from within it. Local Baptists/independents tend more toward having other positions, but I’m not sure which.

2 Likes

Timothy, when you have more timein your life, and have interest, feel free to look into comparative theologies of eschatology. From my Baptist skeptic POV, PCA’s is much healthier.

I am familiar with what different general views are, but have not asked people what their views on the subject are, so I am uncertain of how much variation there is among people I know. My impression is that (at least here), the Pentecostal/Charismatic types tend to go with pre-trib, and for others it’s more varied, but that is a vague guess on my part.

2 Likes

Independent, conservative Baptist churches I have been in my whole life and know of, are pretrib/dispensational on paper. I think a lot of is in the pew are more puzzled. I think most people go with what they are taught but couldn’t defend it. I have only ever met a few super hard cor pretrib/dispensationalists, who knew how to cut one off at every side street. One volunteered in the last few years at our old church library that I had run. I’m sure she has cleaned out the shakier titles I had put in for folks looking for answers by now.

1 Like

“Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” -Colossians 4:6

This is a place for gracious dialogue about science and faith. Please read our FAQ/Guidelines before posting.