Do Evolutionary Theory And Scripture Contradict Each Other?

@jammycakes

In the “Dinosaurs Unleashed” book which I cite in my article, it is written that (since these artifacts were supposedly faked in the 1930’s) excavations were conducted (by Charles Hapgood) beneath the cement floor of a house in the area built before the 1940’s, and more figurines were found. Here’s a link to some eyewitnesses of the Acambaro Figurines (although I doubt you would consider this a reputable source):
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/tracks-acambaro-witnesses.htm
http://www.genesispark.com/exhibits/evidence/historical/ancient/dinosaur/

Interesting stuff!

Indeed. Have you read Cassius Dio’s actual account? It’s pretty interesting.

Indeed.

I feel the need to remind you, however, that no crocodile or elephant can achieve 120 ft.

I’m surprised that you held out as long as you did.[quote=“gbrooks9, post:281, topic:36218”]
You are going to need a lot more than stories of flying flame-breathing dragons.
[/quote]

And I’ve given you a lot more; you have just chosen not to accept it. I can understand, though. Pieces of evidence that really seem to contradict your worldview are hard to accept.

Your research work, yes.

I am glad you are willing to continue the discussion (I assume that is what you mean here).

@gbrooks9
@T_aquaticus

As I said, most of these depictions are ambiguous at best. Some of them don’t even look remotely like dinosaurs.

1 Like

@jammycakes

True for some (for instance, the Moche vases, sirrush etc.). But what do you think they would have been based on in the first place?

Combinations of different animals. The “dinosaurs” on the Narmer Palette, for instance, are actually called serpopards – a cross between a serpent and a leopard. The long necks could also just as easily have been based on the giraffe.

Don’t forget that ancient art is full of depictions of mashups of different animals (or even humans and animals). Mermaids, centaurs and so on are just a couple of examples that come to mind.

Even in the most convincing cases, the evidence for humans and dinosaurs coexisting is very, very, very, very weak. And that has to face off against hundreds of thousands of high-precision, rigorously vetted and cross-checked radiometric and other similar measurements.

2 Likes

I was aware of that (the serpopards). Although I don’t consider it that good an explanation, the giraffe thing is actually what I myself had been thinking.

@jammycakes

We shall see. I do disagree with you, but discussion on that front is pointless for both of us.

@J.E.S

Have you actually seen any Ica dinosaur stones? (Not merely on the web.) Are any in the National Museum of Peru? What about the Metropolitan Museum of Art? A private collection? Have you spoken with any museum curators, art collectors, or librarians about them? I’m asking because I figure these stones, if authentic, should be highly desirable.

Still waiting for evidence for dinosaur/human coexistence on the same level as woolly mammoths.

2 Likes

@beaglelady
I have indeed seen a couple actual Ica dinosaur stones. I am not sure if the Nat. Museum of Peru has any, but the Ica regional museum has several (although they are not on display). Anyhow, there is always the collection of Dr. Cabrera.

The truth is, not many people even know they exist.

@Jonathan_Burke
If the evidence I’ve already given (interspersed between about 3 topics now) isn’t enough for you, I don’t know what is (however, I assume you are not one of those on this forum that wouldn’t believe that dinosaurs and man lived together, even if one of those mighty beasts were to come back from the dead :wink:).

If you wish to pursue the topic of dinosaurs and man further, www.genesispark.org is a good rescource.

@J.E.S

Probably because the only people who take those stones at all seriously are the YEC crowd.

@gbrooks9

The YEC crowd is also not afraid of them (unlike some other “crowds”.)
@gbrooks9

@J.E.S

The YEC crowd has no idea how to even evaluate them.

Any YEC who can look at a layer of fossil rock, clearly showing the footprints of dinosaurs, on a layer of rock smack in the middle of a multiple sedimentary levels, and can say: “so what does that prove” - - is clearly over his or her head.

**It is impossible for an animal to leave muddy footprints on an intermediate level of flood debris, in the middle of an active flood, while is is still depositing additional layers of flood debris on the footprints.

JES, you would agree, yes?

The evidence you’ve given me isn’t even close to the level of evidence we have for the coexistence of humans and woolly mammoths. Woolly mammoths are only one species, yet there’s a wealth of evidence for their coexistence with humans, from pictorial descriptions to numerous physical remains, all of this film multiple sites, and all corroborated with multiple dating methods.

There were hundreds of dinosaur species, so why isn’t there the same evidence for their coexistence with humans, on multiple continents, across multiple eras, attested at multiple sites, in a wide range of artifacts and remains?

When even Graham Hancock won’t support the Ica Stones, you know they’re bad news.

2 Likes

My, that is odd, wouldn’t you say? You would think that something like this would take the world of art by storm. Why don’t curators and collectors know about these? Do you think they should know? Wouldn’t it help your cause to spread the word to curators and collectors?

(btw, forgery is the second oldest profession)

Forgery is the second oldest profession.

2 Likes

@Jonathan_Burke

It just gives the same evidences as the Wikipedia article!

@beaglelady @Jonathan_Burke
I am going to start a new discussion SPECIFICALLY for the discussion of the Ica Stones (since that seems to be one of the favorite topics here).

And that’s my point. People like Hancock know that’s more than sufficient evidence to sink the claims of the Ica stones. We have people who acknowledged forging them, and who forged many others like them.