Did anyone else notice that AIG removed the ability to see

this is word for word what my commentary says;Basically what he is saying is that God test man through his short life on earth to show him how frail and transient he is–just like animals.But is he saying man is an animal? NO, the point is not that man is an animal,but that in one respect ,he has no advadvantage over an animal.as death comes to animals, so it come to man.All have one breath, and at the time of death it is cut off. So life is a empty for man as it is with the lower forms of creation. all share a common end in the grave they are both going to the same place-the dust. they both came from it;they will both go back to it.Of course,this assumes that the body is all there is to human life but we know that is NOT true the body is only a tent in which a person lives. but Solomon could not have been expected to know the full truth of the future state. Solomon’s ignorance as to what happens at the time of death is evident from this question"Who knows the spirit of the sons of men which goes upward,and the spirit of the animal,which goes down to the earth?" this must not be taken as doctrinal fact. It is a human questioning,not divine certainty…from the NT we know that the spirit and souks goes of the believer goes to be with Christ at the time of death.{2nd Corinthians5;8-- Phillipians1;23} and his body goes to the grave [ acts8:2] the spirit and the soul of the unbeliever goes to Hades and his body goes to the grave Luke{16;22b-23} I hope that helps you my friend. i am using the Bible believer s commentary by Mr William MacDonald .i find it pretty close on most things in scripture I question.:grin:

@jammycakes

The Hebrews did not have separate numbers. They used letters for numbers, which would make arithmetic difficult. They were not against science, but were much more interested in religion than science or philosophy.

they are incorrectly interpreted with a pro- evolutionist slant. yes.

what has that got to do with anything?:confounded:

evolutionist make up all kinds of things calling them real, why not numbers too?

@martin

You need to start quoting people and including multiple quotes in your posts, if you are going to keep responding to multiple people “drive-by style” with a single sentences. The way you are doing it is cluttering up the page and it is impossible for other people to follow the conversation.

To quote someone, select the text you are responding to, and click on the “quote selection” text that appears. Type your response below the quote that will be imported into your post draft. Then go to the next person you want to reply to and repeat. If you can’t be bothered to do this, I’m going to start treating a lot of your replies that don’t further the conversation as spam and deleting them. Also, you might want to check out our revised definition of spam here. You have about reached the limit of how many times you can respond with “evolution is totally made up” or some such dismissive comment. We are all aware of your position.

@Casper_Hesp
@BradKramer

Thank you for that info i have never tried that however. I was wondering how it was done.i sure would not want to be the one to crash Bio logos with some common sense logic. no, no, that would never do. I do have a question however is that similar to Scotty on Star trek saying the engines can take no more Captain, I’ve given her all I got?

1 Like

@martin One more thing. If you don’t put a space before the smilley it doesn’t display. As an encourager of emoji use, I wanted to point out that we have been missing out on some of yours because of this small technicality. :smiley:

Our engines are quite stable, but we don’t want the boards to become the exclusive Martin show, that’s all.

So you do accuse the vast majority of scientists of outright fabrication.

Please read 2 Timothy 2:24.

Then read Colossians 4:6

Then conclude with I Peter 3:15.

Thank you.

Coming back to the original discussion – exactly what kind of comments does AiG delete?

I posted a comment at about 9am GMT this morning on this post, responding to their point on radiometric dating with a summary of the problems that the RATE team had acknowledged with their theory of accelerated nuclear decay. As of now (2pm GMT) it’s still up there. Given what I’ve heard on this thread and elsewhere, I’d have expected it to have been deleted by now.

It’s gone now, so I guess on Sundays, you have to wait for the deleters to get out of church and home from the buffet. :fork_and_knife:

5 Likes

So for the optimal window of time … posting about 8am (just as they’re leaving to set up for Sunday school) would give maximal exposure then? With an extra hour bonus if the buffet has a dessert special?
:corn::corn::corn::icecream:

6 Likes

I’m curious - do they permanently ban you from commenting on the page or do they just delete comments one by one? The latter would require quite some dedication to keep it up.

Maybe they have an appointed and anointed minesweeper.

They let a different comment James had stay on the same post, so it must be an individual deletion thing. I bet serial violators get blocked though.

On a more positive note, this is also a good opportunity to once again commend and congratulate the BioLogos organization and staff for so patiently moderating these forums where all (properly respectful) points of view are genuinely welcome. The existence of such a forum is a blessing to the community and these sentiments are probably not expressed frequently enough to make up for all the effort you put into making it happen.

Thank you for doing such a great job! :clap: :clap: :clap:

7 Likes

They still have both the comments that I wrote yesterday. The one in particular that I was talking about was the one that started “That radioactive decay rates could have been much greater in the past was one of the conclusions drawn by the RATE project…”

They did delete another comment by someone else that also pointed out flaws in their arguments, though it was shorter and more snarky in tone – the first sentence described their position as “pseudoscience” but then gave a short but clear explanation of what was wrong with their arguments about distant starlight.

I’m guessing here, but it looks like my post got kept mainly by virtue of the fact that it was tl;dr.

Did you link to the right post, because when I follow your link above, the only comment by you I can see is “Carson Hoy I thought Christ was the foundation of our faith? (1 Corinthians 3:11).” There is nothing about RATE. Or maybe you are looking at a cached page?

Just looking, and the site says “7 comments” but only 3 are visible, so they must have deleted 4 comments from the post.

Whoa there.

I can still see the comment when I log on through two different browsers. However, I’ve been able to get to the relevant page through their mobile site when I’m not logged in. I was able to see the comment there yesterday. It’s gone today.

I know some forum systems allow you to stealth delete comments like that (it’s known as “hellbanning” on Hacker News), but it tends to be used only as a measure of last resort, for persistent trolls, and many experienced forum moderators think it’s generally a bad idea.

I didn’t know Facebook allowed you to do that. If it’s the standard way that comments work on Facebook, then it’s really, really weird. On the other hand, if it’s an optional feature that Answers in Genesis are using in this case, then it’s really, really underhanded.