COVID-19 Immune response and vaccine

Chris,
I would prefer not to make this discussion about me. I think ideas are a better topic of discussion.

As far as loving your neighbor as yourself, a command that I fully embrace, there are different ways to view what that love looks like in action.

For example, some are adamant that that requires mask wearing. Others feel strongly that love for our neighbors is shown by, among other things, helping to protect the freedoms of individuals.

You already made the discussion in part about you when you said that you don’t doubt the expertise of Birx and Fauci.

The horse is out of the barn and you need to deal with it.

If you choose not to, you leave yourself open to the inference that your profession of respect for Birx and Fauci only goes as far as they help you win debating points, and stops where they ask you to behave in a manner that protects your neighbors from health hazards that you may inadvertently pose.

You can do both simultaneously: you can wear a mask even while you lobby for the right of others not to wear a mask, just as it is possible for you to evangelize Muslims even as you lobby for the Constitutional right of a Muslims to build mosques and worship in the Islamic tradition.

Best,
Chris

1 Like

I gave my opinion on Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci in response to a comment that they should not be listened to.

That is not making the discussion about me. I certainly can’t keep people from making inferences that I did not imply.

What do you think of the topic of the thread?

From the article in the OP:

This appears to be similar to what is seen with the flu virus. One study I found shows a 75% decrease in antibody titer 11-12 months after immunization among healthy individuals.

An annual or bi-annual SARS shot might be needed, just like annual flu shots.

1 Like

Another interesting paper on influenza A,

Influenza A might serve as a useful analog for what we can expect from SARS-COV2. The flu does spring back up on smaller scales in previously infected populations, and reductions in titers is one explanation being put forward.

This should also serve as encouragement to our elder populations to get their annual flu shots. Not only are they more susceptible to the flu, but they also have a sharper decrease in antibody titers.

1 Like

I am not qualified to speak to the topic. It seems that we might need to have regular SARS shots, as @T_aquaticus noted.

Best,
Chris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.