CMI: Dangers Of Theistic Evolution (Or "Evolutionary Creationism")

I like it, thanks!

Slavery is bad. Divorce is bad. Women having an inferior status and unequal rights in society is bad.

Lots of things that formed the cultural landscape of the NT churches were bad.

However, we have had enough NT misogyny/slavery discussions for this year, and Iā€™m going to insist that anyone who wants to explore or debate @still_,learningā€™s thoughts on these issues do so via private message. Thanks.

It seems all those threads are locked now though (assuming due to inactivity). Could you move this to a new thread so I am not bombarded with pmā€™s or painted as the guy who thinks all slavery in history has been good (which I donā€™t think). [quote=ā€œstill_learning, post:118, topic:36732ā€]
Israeliteā€™s were also instructed to treat them kindly and not abuse them.
[/quote]

I am not advocating treating any race or sex as inferior nor deserving of unequal rights. Can I clarify that?

_Slavery or divorce is not good. Only things of God are good. Some things are bad. If there was a grading system, good things get an A, and bad things get a D, and really bad things get an F. Acceptable things get a C. Slavery was acceptable (only because the world we live in is fallen). Slavery was very sadly often turned into a D, and even more sadly turned into an F. But itā€™s initial design (as given to the Israeliteā€™s was a C. Divorce for any reason (change of mind, not getting along ect) D or F. Divorce for infidelity, C. _

_I wanted to make clear I donā€™t think those are good things, but they are acceptable within the correct confines of the Israelite law. But I wouldnā€™t say they are automatically bad no matter what either. _

As far as women, the NT doesnā€™t say anywhere that they are inferior not should they have unequal rights. There is a B solution in this fallen world, is to have our sexes in marriage as a team, a yin yang. Women are to submit to man as man is to submit to God. But man is to love women as God loveā€™s man. So if man loved the women, she would be over joyed to submit, like we are joyed to submit to God. If man doesnā€™t meet his conditions, it is hard for the female to submit. It is a team work, no one is inferior nor deserves any less rights in the legal system. The NT preaches (inferior rights) nowhere.

I donā€™t really want a new thread because the topic is a pain to moderate and is only very tangentially related to the intersection of faith and science. But you can clarify or edit your post all you want.