Before I go on to the flood issues.... I should mention that Jesus also talks about a Rich Man, in Hell, having a conversation with Abraham in Heaven. Do you think this conversation actually happened, because Jesus said the words?
Chronology Problems caused by the Flood:
1) All Dinosaur bones (for animals above a certain threshold) found below the K-T Boundary,
aka K-Pg Boundary (Cretaceous-Paleogene Boundary) - - Always.
2) All large mammal bones found above the K-Pg Boundary - Always.
3) No large mammal bones found chewed on by meat-eating dinosaurs - Ever.
4) Large mammals appear in the middle of the upper sedimentary stack, which would imply, if there was a global flood, that cows and horses tread water substantially longer than Brontosaurs or even Marine Reptiles. The actual meaning of these finds is that large mammals appear once giant predators are gone from the scene.
5) Until the arrival of humans and eventually dogs, Australia mammal diversity was limited to Marsupials. For this to have happened in a flood scenario, a huge array of marsupials would have had to race to Australia ahead of the placental mammals (even faster than the meat-eating placentals) - - followed by an immediate separation of Australia from the African coast, so that no placentals could follow.
How's this for a beginning, @J.E.S ?