Climate Change Will Accelerate Viral Spillovers, Study Finds

Climate Change Will Accelerate Viral Spillovers, Study Finds

In a warming world, bats in Southeast Asia will be especially prone to spreading viruses to other mammals, researchers found.

Article by Carl Zimmer. You have free access to this article

1 Like

thanks. we need to spread this info–so people aren’t so shocked by it. I think that it’s hard to really pay attention to this, but it really affects us.
Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for reading. My next SciCafe is The Imminent Threat to the Avocado It’s about how climate change is expanding the range of the Mexican fruit fly, considered one of the most dangerous agricultural pests in the world.

As the planet warms, I hope people will take this seriously and take action. But I’m afraid we’ll have more denialism, extremism, and religious upheaval.

1 Like

I’ve not watched “An Inconvenient Truth,” but most things that are inconvenient are hard to accept. Right now, our family is reading Harry Potter, and Minister Fudge refuses to believe that Voldemort has come back. It’s a good illustration :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. People don’t like to face the facts because of the implications. Given what is coming, I sure am glad I don’t have children to worry about!

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.