An Incalculable Loss

America is fast approaching a grim milestone in the coronavirus pandemic: 100,000 deaths.

Read An Incalculable Loss

3 Likes

We prayed about this in our church prayer meeting (via zoom) mere moments ago. A tragic and unimaginable loss of life. Not to mention the ripples out into countless nuclear families, extended families, friendship groups, local and/or faith communities.

I’ll admit I feel somewhat convicted this evening. My Lord wept at Lazerus graveside and was moved with compassion for the Widow of Nain as her son’s corpse was carried out of the town gates. Yet, I watch the news and the number of deaths here in the UK washes over me like they are reading the lottery numbers. :frowning_face:

6 Likes

The NY Times did something similar after the 9/11 attacks. They printed pictures and obituaries of everyone who had died. I cried and cried.

Jaw dropping. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to learn we are at 100,000 already given the daily carnage now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.