About special relativity

I propose an experiment to investigate the unidirectional speed of light, but I don’t know physics beyond certain notions, that’s why I ask, imagine that we have two entangled particles separated by a distance of x light seconds and one of them is in a machine that launches a photon and hits the other particle breaking entanglement, if the speed of light is c the time it would take for the particle that is in the machine that launched the photon to get out of entanglement is x, our frame of reference would be the same than that of that machine, what do you think, or am I ignoring some basic principle of relativity or quantum mechanics?

I think that the relative clocks of the two particles might get shifted by moving them to their final positions, and would thus make it impossible to tell the difference, but would have to check.

That assumes that they have the same speed relative to each other.

Are you imagining that the particle “in the machine” is somehow going to tell you that it is no longer entangled?

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.